You may think that the dream of retirement is kicking back on the beach or at your dream home with your toes in the sand or maybe dipped in the pool. But, think about the reality of that…how many of you can truly afford that sort of retirement? And, how many of you would become completely bored in a retirement with almost nothing to do and no one left to interact with on a regular basis?
You might wonder what the easiest solution to those questions may be. Lucky for you, many seniors have found a wonderful solution already: part-time jobs that are pretty entertaining, provide some extra income, and keep you interacting with others on a regular basis. Even better, it has been found what some of the best part-time jobs for seniors looking to make some extra money and stay involved in the community may be. Take a look at these top ## options right here:
- Seasonal Retail Associate: You may have been around the block throughout your career anyway and know a great deal about many industries and businesses. Many retail stores hire part-time associates to help during the busiest seasons of the year, including home improvement stores, garden centers, and many more. It’s even better if you’re friendly and have a positive, customer service mindset, and you can simply help people throughout the store.
- Rideshare Drivers: As a major “gig economy” job today, this role is definitely a flexible work option that helps you determine your own schedule and basically work as your own boss. Within companies like Uber and Lyft, you work so much on a digital platform that everything is your decision about when and where you work and you get to accept the work you do. And you can have plenty of different people to chat with along the way to help make their rides entertaining.
- Intern: If you remember the movie, The Intern, you might remember every bit of change that an older, more experienced intern was able to bring to the younger staff of the company he served. It’s definitely thought that these new or are soon-to-be grads fresh into the job market, but you can bring your knowledge and experience to the table to help any company turn a new corner by only serving them part-time!
- Tutoring and Teaching: Many options arise in this area of part-time work, from tutoring students at their homes to serving alongside teachers in the classroom to assist with lesson plans and classroom organization. Students need such a great deal of help with classroom activity and education since the pandemic had everyone stuck at home for so long that it definitely takes a community to teach a child these days.
- Freelance Contracting: Did you have a specific job that you loved doing throughout your career years? This could include anything from writing to editing, accounting, design, web development, and so much more. Well, as a freelance contractor you have the option to present yourself to any number of companies to work independently for them on a part-time basis. You work for yourself and on your own terms while supplying the content they request and interacting cooperatively with their team.
With these 5 options and so many more part-time jobs available to you as a productive and interactive senior, you can make extra cash during your retirement years. You can also remain interactive and integrated in the community. There is no reason to bury yourself away in some quiet home off somewhere in what you are supposed to believe is a dream. Remain a part of life if that is what you like!