In the day of COVID-19 and a pandemic that keeps us at a safe distance from one another, that wonderful spa day is likely not going to be what you would expect. Quite honestly, even the manicure and pedicure received in the same place you have gone every month for years seems like a completely different world.
So, is there a way to make it easier? Are there some easy spa techniques to do at home? Some easy ways to treat yourself with those amazing comforts that usually require traveling miles away? Well, if you thought so then you would be right. You have the ability to treat yourself to complete rest and relaxation despite the stressful world of 2020.
5 At-Home Spa Treatments
- Rejuvenating Body Scrub – Sometimes while being in the same place so long it is easy to just feel stuffy or dirty, even if you haven’t done anything. Exfoliation is perfect cleansing and refreshing, and you can make your own from various natural elements.
- Refreshing Foot Mask – Been working out a lot for stress relief? A natural mix of oatmeal, cornmeal, sea salt, and olive oil with a touch of aloe vera gel makes a mask-like consistency. Add a touch of peppermint and insert your feet to massage for a few minutes then rinse off.
- Softening Hand Treatment – One treatment that is both relaxing before bed and helpful for softening those overwashed hands includes the use of a shea butter hand cream for a thorough hand massage while drifting off to sleep at night.
- Aromatherapy Shower or Bath – There are many ways to bring quality aromatherapy into your bathing time, no matter how you wash off. A candle during your bath is perfect, or even a hot washcloth with lavender or other relaxing scent.
- Skin Brightener – Sometimes this may just be a brightening wash, but you can also combine with a mask to make for a complete brightening treatment. Apply a DIY matcha mask made of green tea, honey, and olive oil and relax with it for 10 minutes or so before rinsing.
Remember that these are only a few of many different at-home spa treatments that are available. Get creative! Make a full day of several of them and help yourself escape from the pandemic and the craziness of 2020. You’ll be refreshed and ready to take on the next day even stronger than before.